- The CA 21st Century School District InitiativePosted 1 year ago
- Student Privacy Protections in Morgan Hill CasePosted 1 year ago
- Common Sense Census Executive SummaryPosted 1 year ago
- Data Privacy GuidebookPosted 1 year ago
- Ask Before You AppPosted 1 year ago
- Privacy Technical Assistance Center from the US Department of EducationPosted 2 years ago
- California Legislature EdTech BillsPosted 3 years ago
- Screen Time That’s Valuable For Young KidsPosted 3 years ago
- California Supreme Court Puts Ruling Exempting Private Electronic Communications from Public Records Act on HoldPosted 3 years ago
- Lift Your LCAP Beyond Compliant to StrategicPosted 3 years ago
This page will share out some of the resources available to ON[the]LINE organizations. For information on upcoming events, see our “Events” page.
- Resources By Policy
- Resources for Professional Development
- Infrastructure Resources
We all know none of this work will amount to anything meaningful without sufficient professional development for administrators, teachers and staff. Preparing everyone, including students, for life in this new 21st century environment requires a lot of careful planning. It’s important that these principles are integrated into existing instructional plans, not something layered ‘on top of’ an already overburdened staff.
Preparation for life in the Digital Age—ensuring that polite, positive, and productive principles are integrated into both instructional plans and behavioral ideologies—requires meticulous planning.
Professional development for district administrators, teachers, and staff is imperative to effectively appropriate and implement technology related policy into site-and district-based populations to achieve this end.
Our partner Common Sense Media (www.commonsense.org) is providing ON[the]LINE a variety of their relevant online courses to help initiate this endeavor. Additional professional development resources are being developed now, both by Common Sense as others. Check back regularly to view our updated calendar of trainings and professional development sessions!
Staff Development for Online Safety: E-Rate Toolkit for Administrators, This toolkit includes a implementation guides to help schools meet CIPA compliance, along with tools to help administrators verify compliance.
Student Online Safety: E-Rate Toolkit for Teachers, This toolkit includes lesson plans for all grade levels on the topics of appropriate online behavior and cyberbullying, as well as tools to help teachers verify the completion of these lessons by students.
Our partner, Common Sense Media is providing the initiative access to a variety of it’s relevant online courses to help kick off this work. We anticipate districts and others in the field will contribute as well.
We’ll also keep announcing webinars, and provide a calendar of upcoming workshops, conferences and activities that will assist you in navigating through this change to becoming a “21st Century School District!”